Sunday, March 21, 2004

D DAY!

I'm proud to say that I've exercised my right to vote for the first time today. I had to queue for more than 1/2 hour to do so but hey, I'm not complaining...it just shows that apathy is not yet a big problem here and malaysians (or those in my neighbourhood atleast ) still care about the future of this country.

I voted with confidence and high hopes... being our family dentist for more than 10 years, I know that she sincerely does care about other people and can live up to the expectations. She's gentle and kind, although she can sometimes be too chatty (How can you chat back when your mouth is wide open with that scaling machine in it?). I hope that she (if she wins that is!) will bring some changes to things that really matter to me (and most people that I know). We're not asking for the moon...our needs are simple such as clean water supply, safe neighbourhood to live in and for our roads to be resurfaced (about time!).

Anyway, I had the chance to take these pictures on my way to the polling station.

The first picture was taken in Pekan Ampang. As you can see, the bridge was practically fully covered with posters. My question is... is it necessary???

The second picture was taken at Jalan Ampang-Taman Kosas junction. Look at the mess! First of all, I seriously think that the EC should have some strict guidelines on where and how the posters can be put up. They shouldn't be able to stick posters just anywhere they want like this one. This may sound too much but it would help if the EC can also teach 'these people' on how to put up the posters in a proper manner instead of just serving as eyesores!




No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...