Friday, January 16, 2004

Birthday wishes

I'm 28 today... 2 more years to the big 30.. what a scary thought!

I don't normally bothered about age and birthdays apart from enjoying the outings and gifts ( I just like to be at the centre of attention you know!) But so many things happened in the last few months that made me start thinking of my own life. I'm more aware now how life can be so fragile and vulnerable...one day you might be sipping coffee at a trendy cafe yet the next day, you might be attending your own funeral. One day you might be driving a mercedes but probably struggling to even afford a decent meal in the next week.

Flashing back, I couldn't decide whether I was better off in the last year comparing to the year before or not. On one hand, I've got a new job in my own country, closer to my family, as well as fortunate enough to have new friends that I can already call bestfriends. On the other, I'm still missing the country where I've grown up the most (emotionally that is)... where I learnt the meaning of independence, self-belief, true friendships and yes,back-stabbing and heartbreaks too. A country that have seen my lowest and highest points in life so far. In the last year too I've lost a number of people that were once closed to me.. Not an easy thing to take in considering that the last death I've encountered was in 1979 when my granddad passed away ( I was only 3!).

Anyway, I just realised that when people asked what I wanted for this birthday I didn't once give a definite answer. I guess for this year, my birthday wishes are...

to have the best of health
to lead a peaceful life with the person I love

May sound corny, but hey, it's my birthday!

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...