Thursday, October 02, 2003

Nightmare in ________ street (fill in as necessary)

I took the effort to get up earlier than usual this morning (and missing my breakfast) to get to work early knowing that there would be road closures due to OIC. But what did I get return? A growling stomach while stuck in the traffic for more than an hour! The worst thing was... it was only a practice...those OIC people are not even here yet!So, my hunger and not to mention my lateness were actually a complete waste, especially when my journey from ampang to cheras doesn't even involved the closed roads..

Anyway, one of the morning DJs on MIX FM really got on my nerve this morning...While commenting on the road closures, she advised us not to go into KL ..''and if you need to go to work, use LRT''... Hello??? If i need to go to work? She made it as if it's an option to go to work! Ok, I might be a lil' sensitive then but I'm sure you reacted the same way if you get stuck in the jam like that. Whoever done the scripts should have been more sympathetic, that's all...

By the way, now that we have monorails, LRT and commuters, why don't they charter some of these to transfer the delegates from KL to Putrajaya thus avoiding the unnecessary grieves to the drivers? I once bumped into Robin Cook using the London Underground while he was still the foreign minister... If he was safe enough to be using the overcrowded tubes, why can't these delegates? Why do they have to be driven in BMWs instead?

Oh... while my car took part in the crawling process, I actually thought how nice it would be if I was on a bike then... I mean, no road closures would affect me right? If I own a kapchai, I don't even have to pay road tax...time and cost saving! Emmmm...not a bad idea afterall. I should start taking lessons soon :)

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...