Sunday, September 21, 2003

basketball rules!

I haven't written anything in this blog for a long long time. But today, i just feel the urge to share with you something.

I finally got the chance to enjoy basketball again yesterday after weeks of work, courses and family events. It was great to see the familiar faces again and to make some more new friends. Some friends do asked me why I still play basketball when I can afford to play more 'trendy' sports like tennis, golf (erk!) or going to the gym.

To be honest...I hate golf and gym. Why would people want to spend hours in the sun walking all around the course carrying heavy clubs. As for the gym... it's boring! Sports are meant to be fun. That's why team sports are the best. You get to meet people and stay healthy at the same time. Having said that, I know certain girls who joined gyms just to meet guys. Otherwise, why else do they put on make-ups to go to gyms???

Anyway, check out the people i met or get to know on the basketball court in UM...

a) a dr who just came back from Ireland, who happened to be an ex-housemate of my long-lost friend (who used to be pretty good at basketball too!)
b) the lively jason who's my cousin's ex-schoolmate and good buddy (and my cousin was a state basketball player!)
c) two of my seniors who set history for our school by winning the PPM basketball final which has yet to be challenged.
d) the energetic moha who did his bar with my ex-housemate arul in london

Small world eh?

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...