Thursday, July 10, 2003

how well is 'well'?

I was invited to a very interesting discussion group at Nikko today. It was actually a focus group to discuss about wellness and quality of life, a project carried out by UKM for the Ministry of Science. Technology and Environment. The purpose of this focus group is for them to know what is our ie 'the public' perception of the word 'wellness', what factors do we think important to achieve 'wellness' and how do we rate our 'wellness' now compared to 6 months ago ..(wow, so many 'wellness' in the sentence, i feel like a psychologist now!) The information gathered from these focus groups will be used to set up parameters in quantifying and subsequently improving quality of life for Malaysians. That actually reminds me of my pharmacoeconomics days at uni. (QALY = quality adjusted life year??)

Anyway, it was for group age 20-39 today and it was really a good mix of people with different and interesting (or shall i say controversial?)ideas. One person that need special mentioning here is a guy from PERKESO who spoke like a newsreader with perfect BM. He actually said 'menonton televisyen' ! What is wrong with 'tengok TV?' It is only a discussion group for god's sake! He really made me feel so BM-inadequent.. *sigh*

OK.. change topic. I just finished watching ALIAS...my favourite show for the time being. Although I already watched the show in the UK before, I still follow every episode here... how sad is that? Today was the last of the first season, I really hope TV3 will continue with the 2nd season next week... Can't get enough of michael vartan (eh, did he drowned and died just now??).

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...