Sunday, March 18, 2007

Forever friends

"Shai!"

My heart stopped... I've not heard that name for years. Oh wait, that was MY nickname when I was at primary school. I turned around and saw the stranger. Do I know her?

"Shai... ni aida la... SIGS?"

Gosh.. I couldn't believed this.. We used to be really close back in JB, up till about twenty years ago. Yup, the last time I saw her was in 1988 just before I entered STF. I'm not making up excuses but there were no emails or mobile phones back then, so we just lost contact.

Anyway, at the hospital's car park that morning, old friendship renewed. I couldn't believe she recognised me even when I was still in my car, doing a reversed parking while I, err.. took quite a while to remember her. Nevertheless, I did. And now that we're actually working under the same roof, we've made promises to meet up again to catch up. Was also told that another old friend is now working in HKL.. so, hopefully, we'll have a thresome reunion soon!

______________________________________________



Went to a charity dinner at Cyberview Lodge Resort and Spa with Srikandi sisters 2 weekends ago. It was a last minute plan but we had fun. Good food, good company and great entertainment by Jac Victor. The goodies that we took home even worth RM1k++ ... all in the name of charity of course :)

Anyway, the difficulties of getting into my dress for that dinner was a good reality check...I've gained so much weight in the last couple of months due to physical inactivity. So, I've now making attempts to exercise again. Still out-of-breath after 30 laps of swimming today but better than last week.. couldn't even finish 20!

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...