Sunday, June 20, 2004

Ball Talk

It's 3.45 sunday morning and I'm already up... why? Footies ofcourse! I'm now watching Holland, one of my favourite teams playing and so far, they aren't dissapointing. 2 goals in the first 20 minutes although the second was a result of an offside.

I'll be up again the same time on monday morning to watch England against Croatia. I hope 'my' Rooney will do his wonder again.

Sometimes I feel abit guilty that I can name the whole team of England players but I don't know even a single player of our Malaysian team. It's not that I didn't try to follow our local football scene but it's not a fault of mine that they're so (truly)boring and inconsistent. I tried watching Malaysia playing once but I switched the tele off after 10 minutes! Poor passes was one thing, but the non-existent of true passion for the game within the players was another. If the players couldn't even bothered to play with true spirit and commitment, how could you expect the 'fan' to have any interest in watching them?

Anyway, I hope I'll remember to put my red england Tee into the washing machine tomorrow so that it'll be ready for monday :) Go England!

4.20 am: Gee ...I commented too fast. It's now 2-2 and Holland is down with 10 men. What a game!

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...